Is this the policy for me?

If you're a self-employed carer, then this policy is for you. It is highly recommended to have public liability insurance to carry out your duties. Our personal care assistant insurance not only provides you with the public liability you need, it can offer you so much more.  

  • Public Liability (up to £5,000,000): Covering claims against you if you have accidently damaged someone or their property. 
  • Personal Accident: Compensation if you have an accident whilst at work.
  • 24 Hour Helplines: Around the clock legal, payroll, tax or employment advice. 
  • Legal Expenses: Cover for your legal expenses if you suffer damage to your own property or property which you are responsible for.
  • Loss or Damage to Your Personal Possessions: Protection against accidental damage to your possessions whilst at work.
  • Loss or Damage to Your Employers Possessions: Cover if you damage or lose your employers possessions. 
  • No Excess: We don't require any contribution to a claim where other insurance policies might. 


Personal Care Assistant Insurance

Get Insured in less than 3 Minutes





per month 

Over a 10 month period



Or £85 per year



Please ensure you read the policy summary first before buying


Buy Online

Or Call
01476 514478


What Our Customers Are Saying

9.1 out of 10. See all 69 reviews on

Why Choose Mark Bates Ltd?



Dedicated claims team

 We pride ourselves on our customer service and our in-house claims team will personally oversee the smooth handling of your claim.



UK based care team

For your peace of mind all our calls are handled from our Lincolnshire based headquarters.





Designed for you

We have been providing insurance to the over 50s and disabled for over 20 years on a foundation of unparalleled service.

Frequently Asked Questions 

This activity will be included, provided that it only forms a minor part of the activities you carry out and they are the children of the service user or the children the service user is responsible for.

This is covered up to a limit of £5,000,000 other than in respect of; brittle or fragile items which are subject to a limit of £1000. The policy also includes the cost of repairs, up to £100,  should it be necessary to force entry to the premises due to a medical emergency

If this is in connection with your occupation you should check with your car insurer to see if you are adequately covered. You may need to extend it for business use, which may result in an additional charge. This policy will not cover you for incidents involving your car.

This activity will be included, if it only forms a minor part of the activities you carry out for the service user.

We include all these activities within the definition of a personal care assistants insured activities.

If the incident is covered by the policy the insurer will deal with the matter on your behalf corresponding with third parties, their  lawyers and the court. 

There is legal expenses cover included within the policy which includes advice, and costs up to a limit of £25,000.

The policy includes a free legal and tax advice helpline to assist you in such matters.


If you need more info  feel free to download and read our policy summary and policy wording

Policy Summary Policy Wording

Existing Customer? Sign in to manage your policy

My Account