Privacy and Cookies
We're glad you are taking the time to read through our policies. Detailed on this page is information about how we protect your privacy, the cans and cants of using our website and how we handle your user data.
1. Why we need your information
In order for you to have the best experience using our website we need to collect your information to provide you quotations and allow you to manage any insurance policy you have with us. Your information is made up of the details we hold about you and your transactions and will also include information we obtain about you from third parties. We'll only collect the information we need to provide you with the best service and experience we can.
2. How do we use this information?
Mark Bates Ltd t/a Premier Care are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, F.R.N.:308390 and are underwritten by China Taiping Insurance (UK) Co. Ltd. When you provide us with your information it may be necessary for us to pass on that information to third parties for the purposes accepting insurance and handling claims. Any information you give us will be processed by us in compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will also use your information:
- to help us develop our products and our service to you;
- to ensure this website is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to help maintain any registered account on this website;
- to carry out research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administration;
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes);
- to share the information with agencies that carry out certain activities on our behalf (for example marketing agencies or those who help us underwrite your policy)
- to share your information with our approved partners where this is required to help deal with your claim or let you benefit from our services.
- to disclose some of your information to any other companies that provide service to us or you.
In addition, we may collect anonymous details about visitors to our website for the purposes of statistics or reporting. No single individual can be identified from the details that we collect for these purposes.
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal data to any third party.
This website stores small data files on your computer or device whilst you use this site. These small files are called 'cookies' and are used to remember when you accessed this website and are essential in ensuring you have the best possible experience with this website you can. They also allow you to use our on line services like policy management and used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised on this website to our customers.
If you want to disabled cookies you need to do so in your browser. How to do this depends on the browser you use but you will typically find you can do this in the browser options or preferences.
We cannot guarantee this website will operate properly if you do disable cookies.
When processing any sensitive data through this website we use Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode that personal data. To ensure this SSL is being used check for the padlock in the address bar.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you have finished using this website for your security.
Here are some tips on how you can stay safe:
- Keep your account passwords private (Anyone who knows your password can access your account).
- Avoid using the same password across different websites.
- Use at least 8 characters with a combination of letters and numbers.
- Try to not use dictionary words in your password
- Do not use personal information
- Change your password regularly
We will never ask you to confirm any personal or credit card information over email. If you receive an email from markbatesltd.com asking for information of this type please disregard the email and don't respond.