Buy online & get some help for Santa's list!
Win a £50 M&S Giftcard
Three lucky winners to be drawn!
All you have to do is buy ANY Mark Bates Ltd insurance online from 8th November untill the 8th December and you will automatically be entered into our Christmas Draw!
Is this the policy for me?
If you’re over 50 and haven’t claimed for at least 3 years then we believe this will be the home insurance policy for you.
- ‘New for old’ cover: If an item cannot be repaired we will replace it with a new one.
- Up to 30% no claims discount: If you have been claim free for 3 or more years 30% discount will apply.
- No excess on contents cover: If you haven’t claimed within the last 3 years we won’t apply any excess.
- Up to £500,000 buildings cover: Cover amount is based on number of bedrooms but can be increased if required.
- Up to £100,000 contents cover: Cover amount is based on number of bedrooms but can be increased if required.
- Hassle free, buy and manage your policy online: Our online application process is simple and you can download and manage your policies with the click of a button.
- No hidden admin fees: If you need to make a change to your policy we won’t sting you with any admin fees.
It’s the little things that make all the difference.
Pay monthly at no extra cost
Cover for fixed disability aids and adaptations (including on loan medical equipment)
Cover for your trees, shrubs, plants and lawn
10% extra contents cover in December
What our customers say
Your company seems to cater for all the aspects of insurance, and at the gentle age of 76 I feel assured of your fondest care. It is nice to be able to trust your company.
Why choose Mark Bates Ltd?
Dedicated claims team
We pride ourselves on our customer service and our in-house claims team will personally oversee the smooth handling of your claim.
UK based care team
For your peace of mind all our calls are handled from our Lincolnshire based headquarters.
Designed for you
We have been providing insurance to the over 50s and disabled for over 20 years on a foundation of unparalleled service.
Frequently asked questions
Valuables are classed as jewellery, watches, gold, silver, precious metals, gemstones, furs, pictures, curios and other works of art and stamp, coin and medal collections.
Yes, your PC is covered whilst in the home.
New for old means to replace an item as new.
No, this is only available in addition to home contents cover.
Personal Possessions cover insures your personal property which is normally worn, used or carried about the person, including jewellery, watches, binoculars and photographic, sports and musical equipment. If you choose this option you will also have cover for pedal cycles, money and unauthorised use of your credit cards away from the home.
Yes, accidental damage is automatically included.
Contents are those items not 'fixed down' and therefore generally taken when a person moves. Everything else as a rule should be considered buildings. For an actual definition, please refer to the policy booklet.
The manditory excess for buildings cover is £100 increasing to £1,000 in respect of Subsidence, Heave or Landslip.
Cover is provided under this policy for accidental damage to underground services and drain covers at the home for which you are legally liable.
Yes, other than caused by felling or lopping.